a text a day* keeps the fraudsters away
Fraud is a scary thing and can cause lots of discomfort if it happens to you. There are ways you can protect yourself and your money from fraud, like using a strong password that you don’t use for other accounts, not doing your banking over unsecured Wi-Fi networks, and keeping your virus software up to date.
You’ll also want to have alerts in place in case something does happen. With Hubert Online you can set up mobile alerts on your account. They won’t necessarily prevent fraud, but they will keep you informed of the activity on your account so you can act right away if anything happens.
How to sign up
- Make sure you have a cell phone that accepts text messages (standard text message fees apply; check with your carrier for more details).
- Login to your online banking and select ‘mobile banking’ from the menu.
- If you aren’t already, sign up for mobile banking.
- Enter your phone number and wait for a text with your confirmation code.
- Once you’re sign up (or if you’re already signed up) select ‘mobile alerts’.
- Review the options and select which you’d like to turn on.
We suggest turning on alerts if your password or account information changed or if a transfer out happens. You can also turn on alerts if your accounts go under a certain amount or if there are debits / credits over a certain amount.