CRA Direct Deposit
Sign up for CRA direct deposit
You can now sign up for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) direct deposit through Hubert GO Web. Sign up now to get your CRA payments deposited directly to your Hubert account, and start earning interest that much faster.
Plus, you only need to sign up once and you’ll have the ability to receive a variety of CRA payments deposited directly in your account (see the list below).
How to sign up for CRA direct deposit
To sign up, you’ll need to have filed at least one personal income tax return before or already have an account set up with the CRA. Before you start, make sure you have your social insurance number (SIN) handy.
- Sign in to Hubert GO Web (desktop version).
- From the settings menu, select CRA direct deposit enrolment.
- Choose the account you want CRA to deposit your payments into.
- Enter your SIN.
- Confirm your birthdate (if it doesn’t match your tax records, please contact Help HQ to update your Hubert account).
- Agree to the privacy statement and click ‘complete’ to allow Hubert Financial to share your banking information with the CRA for the purpose of establishing or changing direct deposit.
- Review the confirmation.
What payments you’ll receive
With CRA direct deposit, you only need to sign up once to receive deposits for these payment types:
- Canada emergency response benefit
- Income tax refund
- Goods and services tax and any similar provincial and territorial payments
- Canada child benefit
- Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
- Deemed overpayment of tax
When you’ll see changes on your CRA account
After signing up through Hubert GO Web, you should see your direct deposit information in your CRA account in about two business days.
What if you already have direct deposit set up?
If you have already set up a CRA deposit and are happy with the account your payments are being added to, you’re all set!
If you want to switch what account your money goes into, or start receiving your payments to your Hubert account instead, complete the set up through Hubert GO Web. This will replace all previous deposit authorizations you created.
How to update your CRA information
If you need to change the contact information you provided to the Canada Revenue Agency or remove a direct deposit from your CRA account, you’ll need to call the CRA at 1.800.959.8281.