The July 1st Access, Noventis, and Sunova Credit Union merger is now complete. In order to perform integration activities leading up to the formal merge date, member personal information has been shared between the three entities in strict accordance with section 7.2(1) of PIPEDA as it relates to business transactions.
Our Privacy Code
Our Privacy Code is guided by the ten principles outlined by Canada’s privacy act:
We are responsible for all personal information under our control and have designated individuals who are accountable for our compliance with the ten principles that comprise our Privacy Code.
When we ask for personal information from our members, we must identify what we will use it for.
We require your knowledge and consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, except where it is required or permitted by law.
The information we collect is limited to only the purposes we have identified to you. We will only collect information by fair and lawful means.
Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention
We use and disclose your information only for the purpose we collected it for, unless you consent otherwise or as required by law. We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
We maintain and update your information as necessary to ensure accuracy for the purposes for which it is used.
We protect your information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
We make information available to you regarding the policies that apply to the management of your information.
At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and will give you access to that information. You may confirm the accuracy and completeness of your information and may request changes if necessary.
Challenges concerning compliance with the above principles may be addressed to our designated privacy officers. Hubert Financial collects personal and financial information from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the financial products and services you request
- To develop and offer products and services that meet your needs
- To determine your eligibility for products and services
- To evaluate your credit standing
- To share / exchange reports with credit bureaus or other financial institutions when required
- To safeguard the financial interests of our members by detecting and preventing fraud
- To promote products and services that may be of interest to you
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
If you wish, you may opt out of receiving promotional information sent to you by Hubert Financial by completing our Privacy Exception Form
How to make an access request, inquiry or complaint
Please provide the following in a dated and signed letter:
- A description of the information to which you seek access
- Name, address and phone number where you can be reached during the day;
- Location address where you would like to obtain access to the information (for example which branch).
- One piece of identification bearing a signature and photo, including your birth date, in order to obtain the information requested
Inquiry or Complaint
Please specify the following in a dated and signed letter:
- The nature of the inquiry or complaint (please be as specific as possible)
- Your name, address and phone number where you can be reached during the day
All access requests, inquiries or complaints are to be sent to:
Privacy Officer or via email: email@example.com
Access Credit Union
233 Main St
For additional information, please contact us.